A list of jobs currently available that may be of interest to members. To advertise here please contact us (please supply a weblink to your add).
Australian Wildlife Conservancy
- Feral Animal Control Officer (temporary position) More info
Manaaki Whenua Landcare Research
- Vertebrate Pest Ecologist (permanent full-time position) More info
Various - Centre for Wildlife Management, Pretoria, South Africa.
Murdoch University, WA
- Feral cat project (Honours or PhD): The project would involve pen trials in the first instance to assess a novel method to attract male cats to female cats. Depending on the level of involvement you wanted to take, this could then proceed to field studies to assess the usefulness of these methods in reducing the size of low density feral cat populations. A veterinary background is desired but other professions will also be considered. We do not have a strict start date in mind and so could be flexible around your schedule. Supervision would be provided by Dr Dave Algar, A/Prof. Anne Barnes, and myself. For further details about this project, please contact Tim Hyndman (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Feral Pigs - Centre of Excellence for Invasion Biology, South Africa.
University of Newcastle more info
- Amphibian ecology - the impact of multiple threats to Littlejohn's tree frogs and giant burrowing frogs
Mulligans Flat Woodland Sanctuary more info
- Bringing Back Biodiversity to Mulligans Flat Woodland Sanctuary: The Reintroduction Biology of the Yellow-footed Antechinus (Antechinus flavipes), Eastern Chestnut Mouse (Pseudomys gracilicaudatus) and New Holland Mouse (Pseudomys novaehollandiae)
- Bringing Back Biodiversity to Mulligans Flat Woodland Sanctuary: The Reintroduction Genetics of a Restoring Woodland Faunal Community
Department of Parks and Wildlife WA
- Population and spatial ecology of Numbats more info
- Quokkas and fire more info
University of Newcastle
- See feral cat project listed under "Honours available" above.
The Carnivore Conservancy
- Tasmanian devil and spotted-tailed quoll ecology more info
University of Queensland & Threatened Species Recovery Hub
A place for members to advertise that they are looking for work. To have your details added, please contact the website manager